Garmin inReach Explorer+ Satellite Communicator with GPS, RedRegular price $499.95 Sale price $449.99 Save $49.96
Roam far and wide without worrying your loved ones. The Garmin inReach Explorer+ is a GPS tracker, navigation tool, 2-way satellite messenger and SOS device all in one.
Stay connected off-grid:
"Unplugging" when you venture into the backcountry doesn't have to mean sacrificing safety. This 2-way satellite communicator lets you text, share your location or call for help, even in areas without cell reception.
Preloaded topo maps:
Locate yourself on a topographic map, drop a waypoint in the distance, and plot a course—then use your breadcrumb trail to find your way back when it's time to bring your adventure to a close.
Smart sensors to help you find your way:
A digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer make this model more than a basic GPS unit. It even works when you're standing still—you don't have to be moving for it to know which direction it's pointing.
- Explorer+ has all the same functionality as the inReach SE+, but also has pre-loaded topo maps, 2 extra GB of memory, a digital compass, barometic altimeter and accelerometer
- Iridium satellite network ensures 100% pole-to-pole coverage with no gaps or fringe areas
- Send and receive text messages while beyond cellular range to any cell phone number, email address or to another inReach® (satellite subscription is required)
- Built-in, high-sensitivity GPS provides basic navigation, location and tracking data within 5 meters; follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back
- Trigger an interactive SOS to GEOS, the 24/7/365 search and rescue monitoring center, to communicate the nature of your emergency
- Use the web-based MapShare portal to track and share your location online with family and friends so they can ping your device and exchange messages
- You can also use a cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, sync and manage your device, store all your location tracking data and much more
- Pair with mobile devices using the free Earthmate app for easier 2-way messaging and access to topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery give up to 100 hours of battery life in tracking mode, up to 30 days in power-save mode
- Rugged, impact resistant and water-rated to IPx7—easily withstands rain, snow and splashes
- Includes USB cable and carabiner clip
Note: Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.
A subscription plan is required to send and receive satellite messages on this device. Visit vendor website to shop satellite subscription plans and additional services.