Jones Stratos Splitboard 2023Regular price $949.95 Sale price $759.96 Save $189.99
We love the Stratos, and we love the backcountry. Ergo, we love the Jones Stratos Splitboard. This all new split brings the same do anything, go anywhere energy of the solid to an altogether larger alpine canvas. It combines a directional shape with freestyle board feel for an insanely versatile hybrid shape that's just as comfortable arcing perfect carves as it is slashing pow turns and buttering off backcountry booters. Laid up with Jones' finest tech for optimal performance on the skin track and descent alike, this board will revolutionize your approach to touring.
- 3D Base Contour 3.0 - Freeride focused 3D Contour Base featuring a 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 0 to 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- Directional Flex Pattern - Off set tip-to-tail flex pattern that is designed for directional freeride boards. The nose, center of board and tail are slightly different stiffnesses to help lift the nose, sink the tail and improve stability at speed.
- Blunt Nose - "How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight." - Jeremy Jones
- Tapered Shape - 10mm
- In & Out. Traction Tech 3.0 - Traction Tech 3.0 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
- Progressive Sidecut - At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Ultra Core - Dual density premium wood core made of mostly paulownia with specially positioned poplar stringers for better durability and turn power.
- Textured Eco Plastic Topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans featuring a subtle texture for added durability. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Sustainable Flax/Basalt Stringers - Jones exclusive sustainable stringer made with 100% natural fibers. Composite Flax and Basalt stringer helps transfer power to the edges, improves torsional response and absorbs board chatter.
- Sintered 9900 Base - Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Oversized Recycled Edges - Added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled Black ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Bio Resin - A bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic materials used to make it are waste products of plant-based industrial processes. They require 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
- Wend Natural Wax - Factory waxed with natural wax.
- Forever Flex - Helps with stabilizing the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.