Nidecker Platinum Snowboard 2019Regular price $449.95 Sale price $314.95 Save $135.00
"Ideal for all mountain riding, all day long"
This year’s Platinum features a new, even better performing shape for riders who want to spend the whole day on the mountain, and do a little bit of everything: go hunting for powder turns in the backcountry, lay down big carves on the slope, or bust a few airs in the park. It features: our unique N-Tech construction, which combines a cap construction in the nose with a sandwich construction starting in front of the front foot; a soft flex pattern for a comfortable and fatigue free riding experience all day long; a positive camber between the bindings, with the rocker evenly distributed in the nose and tail; and our extremely tough, sintered N7000 base, produced with carbon nanoparticles to provide exceptional glide.
- Rocker Type: Positive Camber – Positive Camber is the bedrock for performance snowboards, its extra grip and powerful response has made it the default choice for riders who are looking for ultimate carving performance. The secret to the positive camber is the addition of 8 to 10 cm flat transitions at the contact points, delivering the ultimate in precision, edge hold and stability.
- Flex Rating: 7 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff)
- Shape: Round Square Nose, Diamond Tail – This evolution of the all-round tail is more compact with a longer transition for increased lift, allowing you to ride switch without compromising on board responsiveness.
- R8 Series: This medium 8+ meter radius is versatile for everyday riding.
- Core: Master Core – The Master Core construction is the result of a long history of experimentation in materials and woodcraft. It's the perfect harmony of different wood densities and varieties (poplar, beech, spruce, and paulownia), resulting in a superior weight to power ratio and an ultra-strong, extra-responsive lightweight core.
- Laminates: Triax Plus – The result of extensive testing with the Nidecker team and engineers, the Triax laminate is oriented at 35 degrees to the board and contains multiple glass densities, providing consistent torsional flex, better pop, and responsiveness on every turn.
- Base: N-7000 – Developed exclusively for Nidecker, the N-7000 is an extremely tough sintered base with added carbon nanoparticles that provide exceptional glide.
- Topsheet: Absorbnid – This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Matte Finish
- N-Tech Construction: The result of years of research and development, N-Tech is a unique construction method that represents the future of snowboard manufacturing. It's a combination of Sandwich and Cap constructions, featuring Freeflex 2.0 in the nose and tail, and a special 3D torsion construction between the feet that delivers a truly 3-dimensional riding experience that is redefining high performance snowboarding.
- Binding Compatibility: 2x4 - 6 Inserts – With 6 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to the optimum position. Nidecker's reference stance is the second narrowest position.